I had a hard time figuring out what I wanted my very first blog post to be about. I needed an “ice breaker” so I googled a great “Get to Know Me” questionnaire. Maybe this will help you get to know me some and for me to get a little more comfortable with throwing my life out into the blog world! 🙂
25 Get to Know Me Q’s
- What is your middle name?: Leigh! Oddly enough, I used to wish it were my first name! (My first name was kind of a doosy in school and everyone mispronounces to this day!)
- What was your favorite subject at school?: Math. I was good at it in school…but then college came and I was no match! Quickly learned that I didn’t love math and that I love psychology! The way we do things the way we do—so fun to learn about!
- What is your favorite drink?:Sweet Texas Tea!
- What is your favorite song at the moment?:I’ve really be on a “Hallelujah” kick! Pretty much anyone that sings the song is okay by me. Top favorites would be Bon Jovi (thanks to my Momma) and then just last week I stumbled upon a guy named Bo Steele! He sings it just beautifully, too!
- What is your favorite food?: Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!
- What is the last thing you bought?:The last thing that I bought (for myself) was Bittersweet by Shauna Niequish and Let’s All Be Brave by Annie Down.
- Favorite book of all time?: I don’t have a favorite yet! I just found my passion for reading! I never read much in school and that in itself is a long story that I am positive I will share in the future. I listen to audio books…which I’m sure there are people who think it’s cheating…but it counts to me! AND–I’ve been listening to Jamie Ivey’s “Happy Hour” podcast and now I have a very long list of books to read! So, no favorite yet! I have not read enough to even compare them to one another!
- Favorite Color?:My favorite color is purple. I literally love anything purple!
- Do you have any pets?: I have a puppy, well…puppy in my heart! She’s a couple months shy of being two! She is the BEST dog ever! Totally matches my husband and my personality!
- Favorite Perfume?:My favorite perfume is Princess by Vera Wang! My second favorite would have to be Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture.
- Favorite Holiday?:Christmas! I’m the crazy person that has her Christmas tree set up before Thanksgiving! I can’t help it! Christmas is beautiful and I love to decorate for it! Gift giving is a favorite of mine and I love that Christmas allows me to have a reason to buy gifts! My husband…doesn’t love that as much! Haha. We are total opposites. I love to give but don’t care to receive. He loves to receive but doesn’t care to give. I will slowly turn him to my ways!!! 🙂
- Are you married?:Yes! 3 short years and still learning new things about him every day! Such as the fact that he is NOT a hunter!!!
- Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times?:I have been out of the country one time. It was the summer before my senior year and it was so much fun! Along with some other classmates we traveled to London, England and Paris, France.
- Do you speak any other language?:I only speak English! I only know enough Spanish to say that “I don’t speak or understand Spanish”. 🙂
- How many siblings do you have?:I have one older sister! We were worst enemies growing up, but then I grew up and now we are best friends! So happy that I can say that!
- What is your favorite shop?:Does Amazon count? There is literally a little bit of everything on there! Very addicting!
- Favorite restaurant?:My favorite restaurant would have to be Razoos! Their fish comes second best to homemade!
- When was the last time you cried?:Today! I was thinking of how I wanted to start my blog and what I should talk about first. I thought about doing a post over the most important people that have impacted my life…but knowing that my Mema would be one of those people, I opted to save that for another date. It’s been 5 years but I tear up at the thought or mention of her, still. I’m not sure that will ever change.
- Favorite Blog?:I am new to blogs but my favorite would have to be Lauren’s. She’s my sister’s sister-in-law. She’s part of the reason that I chose to start blogging. She’s so real and open with her life on her blog and I enjoy reading each post that she does! Lauren’s husband and she are on the “adoption journey” and I love that she’s sharing it with me and whoever wants to read! I love that her “adoptive” child(ren) will be able to go back and read her story if they ever chose to do so! For them to see how much they were prayed for! Well, there’s just something powerful in that!
- Favorite Movie?: My forever favorite movie will be Law Abiding Citizen! I am a HUGE Gerald Butler fan!
- Favorite TV shows?: I have many favorite TV shows. Mostly consisting of How I Met Your Mother, Four Weddings, Cake Boss, Cupcake Wars, Say Yes to the Dress, Greys Anatomy, Walking Dead (don’t tell my husband), What Not To Wear, Rosanne, The Middle…there’s a lot and I could go on and on.
- PC or Mac?:PC. Mac = too complicated for me! I’m a Windows person!
- What phone do you have?:Apple iPhone!
- How tall are you?:5’6”
- Can you cook?:Absolutely! I love to cook! I enjoy trying new recipes! I tend to be an “unhealthy” cook, but I’m trying to change that! I love to bake even more! My only dislike about cooking and baking is when I’m in a hurry to do so. I like to take my time!
I’d like to hear your answers! 🙂