Happy New Years!
At the beginning of every new year I always make goals for myself. My goals aren’t always something to change but rather things that I would like to do better at or to begin. It’s cliché, sure, to make goals/resolutions but sometimes that’s what people need and I am one of those people. Starting a new year gives me a new perspective on the way I’m living my life. A time to reflect and set goals that I want to achieve during the upcoming year. It’s just that definite mark in life that takes place each year and starts a new beginning.
I set five particular goals for 2016.
- “Wake up” with Jesus (so to speak). Pray more. Learn to give my worries as well as my rejoices to Jesus! To understand that I’m not the one in control. Each day I’m going to be using these tools to learn more each day and to give myself some “me” time. She Reads Truth app using the plan “The Bible in a Year”, Experiencing God Day-By-Day and In the Presence of God. I will also be making use of the First 5 app and Proverbs 31 daily devotionals occasionally. Of course, journaling my way through the year!
- Read 24 books in 2016. I went on a bit of a shopping spree and now I have a lot of books to start the year with!! I’m currently reading Nobody’s Cuter Than You by Melanie Shankle, and loving it!
- Start a book club! This particular goal just stresses me out even thinking about! It’s probably going to be the hardest goal for me but I hope that I succeed at it at least by the end of the year. I have really enjoyed reading the past couple of months and I think it would be so much fun to have a book club! But I don’t know anyone that would be interested in a book club, or at least I don’t think I do so I have no clue as to where to start on this! So….maybe!
- Be a better me. Encourage a better him! We’re coming up close to four years of marriage and I know I could be a better wife! (That feeling will never change…yes, I know!) But I hope that I can improve on encouraging Kevin more to reach his own dreams and goals for himself.
“I know what it is to love entirely for and with what I love best on Earth. I hold myself supremely blessed–blessed beyond what language can express; because I am my husband’s life as fully as he is mine.” -Jane Eyre
- Be proactive despite my biggest fears. We are so mad, like crying mad, that we can’t make a baby on our own. It’s what women’s bodies are designed for after all and mine’s not. Talk about getting the short straw of LIFE! I have struggled for officially 1 year and 4 months of thinking that anything “scientific” was not for me. I have felt like we would be taking the whole process of creation out of God’s hands when really that’s not it at all. If God wants us to have a baby he will let us have a baby. Adding a doctor into the mix changes nothing from his plan for us.
**I know this is like my little space on the internet, so I’m free to say what I want to say…but let me explain something. I get told so often that “we’re young…” or “we haven’t been trying for that long…some try for years and years” or “we have plenty of time”…but let me just say something. We’ve been married for almost four years. We’re ready. &If we would have known that it would be this hard we would have been trying a very long time ago…. so there’s that. &if you’re a person who typically encourages young unable-to-conceive-naturally couples by saying those things above…please rethink those words because there are better things you could say to encourage them. 🙂
I hope you had a great time welcoming 2016. I spent mine with family and it was the most fun I’ve had on New Years Eve/Day yet! I hope you have a blessed year and that you reach whatever goals you may have also set for yourself! Happy New Years!