Reading brings me clarity. I do not know exactly how to explain it, but when I am reading…I am happy. I’m content at where my life is in the moment. I love to read because it makes me feel like I’m a part of something great. I have NOT been reading much lately. The time just hasn’t been my own. And let me tell you what… I can tell a complete difference in how I feel when I’m not reading. I don’t like it. I don’t like ME when I’m not reading.
So let me tell you what I’ve read since my last post. And then I’ll tell you what my first 10 books to read in 2017 are going to be!
What I’ve read in the last part of 2016.
The First 10 Books I’m planning to read in 2017.
- The Beauty of Broken by Elisa Morgan
- Every Bitter Thing is Sweet by Sara Hagerty
- Wild & Free by Jess Connolly
- Loving My Actual Life by Alexanra Kuykendall
- It’s Not Fair by Melanie Dale
- Present over Perfect by Shauna Niequist
- Anxious by Amy Simpson (restart)
- The Antelope in the Living Room by Melanie Shankle
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
- Bread & Wine by Shauna Niequist (read again)
Y’all, let me tell you something. In this life you have to do what makes YOU happy. Life is not about pleasing others. I have learned that and have taken it to heart over the last couple months. You can do whatever possible to please others, but if you’re not pleasing yourself in the process…..it just doesn’t work! You have to make yourself happy before you can make others happy!
Let your 2017 New Years Resolution to do what makes YOU the happiest!